CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Music

There is one song on that has just really spoken to me. It's just kinda of building on what I was/have been thinking about after the conference. The song is Whatever You're Doing by Sanctus Real.

Full lyrics here

I feel like this particular part of the song has really spoken to me:

Whatever You're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something Heavenly

Time for a milestone,
Time to begin again
Reevaluate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow Your will
Or just climbing aimlessly over these hills
So show me what it is You want from me
I give everything I surrender...

This Rebelution conference was like a milestone in my life, a renewal and revival, definitely very life changing. A chance to really evaluate where I am in many areas of my life. It made me think, on one of the polls they asked something about are you 'just cruising' through life. And I want to make sure that I'm not doing that. I want to surrender everything to God, which can be hard since we don't know what's going to happen or what His plans are. As He has been working in me, at times it has really felt like chaos, but there really is a peace about it all.

So, I just wanted to share that song with you all and encourage you with it!

Emily

3 comments:

Chelsey Miracle said...

this is a really good song and the lyrics have a powerful message...thanks for posting!

Mark said...

Those are really challenging lyrics, and that is definitely a question we should all ask ourselves a lot- are we doing everything to follow God's will?
Thanks Emily!

~Mark

Emily E. said...

It's my pleasure! Yes, I agree.... that's why I love this group! All their songs are so uplifting and a lot of them really make me think! I could recommend several songs from them.

Emily