CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mr. Connolly's message this past Sunday was really good. I personally felt convicted about encouraging fellowship. I don't know about you guys, but for me, it's hard to initiate fellowship. Even when talking to my friends on Sundays, it's so much easier to talk about anything and everything except about God. I know that the church is a great place to fellowship, but my pride holds me from stepping out of my comfort zone in this area.
I want to fellowship with my friends and talk more about God and what He is doing in my life and in the lives of others. I'm glad that I have that desire, because if I didn't there is something wrong.
Most of the time though, it's hard for me to go deeper and ask spiritual questions.
Do any of you have the same problem?
Do you find initiating fellowship and cultivating fellowship to be easy?
If you have any tips, please comment; I would very much like to know.

Melly Rose

5 comments:

Mark said...

With some people, I am able to fellowship very easily. And, coincidentally, those people are all really good friends with me and know me really well. With other people, people I don't know quite as well, it is definitely a lot harder.

Try starting out with your best friend. If you are just hanging out and talking about whatever, ask a simple question like, "So, how are you doing spiritually?", or something like that.

Once you've breached the fellowship "barrier", it's not hard at all to talk about spiritual things. The hard part is initiating it.

Anyway, hope you have some really deep fellowship soon!

Melly Rose said...

Thanks, Mark. Your comment is very helpful and yes, I am looking forward to having some true fellowship with my friends.
I just have a little thing called pride to handle with.

Chelsey Miracle said...

I know exactly what you are talking about! Its sometimes really hard to battle that pride and talk about God in a group setting...I know for me its a lot easier to talk about spiritual things in a one-on-one setting. It's something I'd like to work on as well.
An easy starter for me is "what have you been reading in your quiet time lately?" or "how have you seen God at work in your life lately?"
Great post

Morgan said...

yeah, thats something i struggle with too. it is easier for me to have biblical fellowship with my closer friends, i'm just usually comfortable talking to them about anything, but i really need to work on that. i also really need to work on reaching out to new people like guests and people i don't know very well, and not just stick around with my friends.

Emily E. said...

Yeah Morgan, I have the same struggles as you. It's surprising how hard it can be to reach out to new people or people you don't know well.