CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 23, 2008

A Series Idea

I've had this idea bouncing in my mind for a while now, and I want to know what you all think.
Here it is: I would like to do a series or just different posts on what God is, His attributes and characteristics. I thought this might be a way to fellowship online.
I don't know exactly how it's going to go.
My idea is that during my devotions, I would read scriptures and books and find out what they say about God and how a particular aspect of His character affects us.
Also, if anyone, through his studying of a particular aspect of God's character, wants to post what God has shown him, that would be wonderful!
The idea is that I (or anyone) would study in depth an attribute and then when I've gathered several big points, to post it. There would probably be about two posts a month since it is an in depth study.
And of course, everyone is WELCOME to comment.
Please comment and tell me what you think.

Mel

5 comments:

Morgan said...

that sounds great! i'm not sure if i understand completely how it will work (it's like 11:00 right now and my brain is dead) but it sounds really good. i would love to do something like that.

Robin said...

Sounds good Melly....you know a couple of years ago Mr. Connolly did a whole series of messages on the attributes of God...might see about those if you are interested. It was a great series. I think sometimes we forget to really dwell on who God is and what He is like and how that really impacts us and who we are in Him. Thanks for sharing!

Melly Rose said...

I'm still not sure whether to continue with my idea. I need some more people to comment.
If most of you guys like the idea, then I'll start to pick an attribute of God and study it.
Thanks for the two of you who commented.
I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Melly, I don't think you really need to know if you are going to do a series or not. There is fruit to be gained from studying the character of God - even if it's just for you own benefit.
~mee

Melly Rose said...

I understand you, Mee.
I guess I ought to start on it and all of you out there can comment.