CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Waiting on God

Ever since the Rebelution I've been looking for my 'big hard thing.' I've come up with all sorts of possibilities of what that could be and have tried to hurry up and get going, feeling like I needed to catch up. Whenever I would suggest a big idea to someone and they would start asking me questions about how realistic these ideas were, I would brush it off thinking it was just low expectations again. This also revealed that I wasn't mainly doing it for God; it was more about my own prestige. God has been showing me lately that rather than running about trying to find big hard things to do, I need to be faithful to do my little hard things until God calls me to do a big hard thing for him. If any of you are in the same car (I don't like boats that much) as I am, this verse is a very helpful reminder: "You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much." Matthew 25:21

~mee

2 comments:

Melly Rose said...

I agree with you, mee.
Sometimes God's hard thing for us is to wait on him for further directions.
Waiting can be hard; we want to be doing something while we are waiting but that's only taking this in our own hands and not trusting in the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this for me, Melly. I like the title you chose.
~mee