CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Book Recommendation

The book is Respectable Sins: Confronting The Sins We Tolerate by Jerry Bridges.
I've only started it, and I'm already convicted.
Gene Emerson had a quote from this book on his worldliness handout at Youth Camp .
Jerry Bridges deals with sins we commit all the time that are so natural we don't really think of them as sin (e.g. anxiety, frustration, unthankfulness, irritability, and a bunch more).
I highly recommend it. This book looks like one that I'll be reading over and over again. I can definitely relate to a few, if not all, of the sins he writes about.
You can buy this book at the church bookstore.

*Mel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh. I want to read that book. I've been trying to read more good spiritual books and that one sounds like a really good one.

On a side note, I was really convicted during Mr. Emerson's message on worldliness. Do you know if that book by C.J. Mahaney on worldliness is in the bookstore at Crossway?
~mee

Melly Rose said...

I'm not sure, Mee.
I haven't seen it there, but I'm sure someone working there will tell you.

*Mel