CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Library?

Since I love books, I've had a lifelong dream of having a church library. I think having a library would be good because I would like to read a lot more books than I could buy myself, because it would be a good way to get to know some of you better :-), and because I think it would be fun to have a project to work on with other teens.

Recently, Kailey and I have talked about the idea, and she thinks it would be neat, but I would appreciate some input from a larger group. Assuming others support the idea after prayer, here's a plan I've thought about:



Several/many of us form the core team, and commit to being the workforce to staff/get the library going (perhaps organizing to make room, organizing books, check-in/check-out, etc)

We make a plan of how the library might work (funding, how to get books, space, etc)

We submit the plan to the pastors

If the pastors approve, we start working on it, possibly recruiting from the larger youth group if we need more help



On the logistics front, I imagine we could build up a good store of books by making the "joining fee" the donation of at least one book, new or gently used. I'm hoping space could be garnered by rearranging existing storage spaces, possibly emptying one.



Anyway, all that to say, would you be willing to think about this and post a response? Any questions or ideas would be welcome.

0 comments: