CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hard things for the week.....

A while back, I remember someone(Chelsey, I think?) made a post asking everyone what their 'hard thing' was for the week. I found that really helpful to know that my friends were praying for me and that I had people to hold me accountable. So, I want to ask, what is your hard thing for this week? Are you struggling in a particular area? How can I/we pray for you?

I know that, for myself, I need to work on keeping God first and trusting in Him. As far as trusting Him....I've had a lot to think about and a lot of changes happen recently in many areas. Sometimes I find myself wishing that I wasn't in the place I'm in right now, or I find myself stressing about things that I shouldn't be stressing about. I just need to trust Him more and know that He has a plan!

8 comments:

Mark said...

"Sometimes I find myself wishing that I wasn't in the place I'm in right now"

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, as that is one of the exact areas I am struggling in right now. That prayer request for patience I posted? Yeah, this is pretty much what its about.

So, essentially I'm struggling mainly in patience, but more specifically feeling "stuck".

So my hard thing for the week is to be more optimistic, happier, focusing on the here and now.

Emily said...

Yeah Mark, it's nice to be able to relate to someone :-) I definitely feel 'stuck'. Like you, I need to focus more on the 'here and now' and be content with where I am NOW!

I will continue to pray for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I'm sort of in the same boat. I've found it hard to wait on God for answers and realized that it's like saying, 'God, I don't trust you to work things out for my good - even though you always have and have promised me you will.' Well, here are a couple of scriptures that I have found helpful recently:

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;I will counsel you with my eye upon you." Psalm 32:8

"I am with you always, even to the very end of the age."

Melly Rose said...

I think my hard thing is to be more gracious in my speech and to say things that are encouraging.
Thanks for bringing this up, Emily. It's a very good idea.

*Mel

Matt said...

hmmm..i do have patience problems sometimes but I'm not sure I'm on the same page as you guys.

my hard thing I guess is just focusing. I always have problems focusing on one thought, especially when I'm doing school.

Emily said...

Alright. I'll be praying for all of you!

Cara said...

I admit I don't totally understand what you all mean by "stuck," but focusing on God's plans for me now, and not my/God's plans for me later, has become a struggle for me recently.

Emily said...

how has everyone done with their 'hard thing' this past week?

I've been praying for all of you!