CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Prayer request/praise report!

I am writing to tell you all how excited I am about what God is doing!

First of all, let me give you some background:
As I've learned & learned more about certain topics recently, most of which are hot-button issues, I've naturally formed opinions about them. Recently, I've been wishing that I had some way of "testing" these ideas. Usually, my parents have been a good "sounding board," but I needed to see if all the proofs and ideas I found so convincing convinced anyone else. I had a few little ways of doing this, but none as great as the one God gave to me!

See, my mom's family is very diverse :-). All are Christians, but they represent about every possible political, economic, even religious opinion out there, and for a long time (as far as I know) they've basically agreed to disagree. Now, though, I've had an opportunity to "debate"/discuss via e-mail with several of them!

Hence is both my praise report and prayer request: praise, because God has filled my desire, given me an avenue to learn more about apologetics, a definite interest of mine, and deepened my relationship with my uncle, cousin and grandfather through it, and request, because I desire that my words be always "full of grace, seasoned with salt," that I may "always be ready to give a defense for the hope that is in [me], with meekness and fear." (Col. 4:6, 1 Peter 3:15)

1 comments:

Morgan said...

thats great cara! :)