CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

What Do I Know Of Holy?

So often we think we know it all, or we think we know who God is. But we need to always keep in focus that we only know what God allows us to know. This past Wednesday, the Mission28'rs watched a message by Louie Giglio...if you haven't heard of him he is a Christian music producer most associated with Chris Tomlin. He talked about the indescribableness (and if that's not a word, it is now haha!) of God and how small we really are. Here are the links to the video, its in 5 parts and its between 45 minutes and an hour. I highly recommend that you guys take the time to watch this, you will not regret it.
Part 1
Please take the time, you will learn so much about our wonderful creator!
I found this song by Addison Road and it really plays in with Louie Giglio's message and the thought that we are much smaller than we think. Something to think on :)

What Do I Know Of Holy?
by Addison Road

I made You promises a thousand times
I tried to hear from Heaven
But I talked the whole time
I think I made You too small
I never feared You at all No
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes could I behold You?
(CHORUS)
What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were mighty to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees

(CHORUS)
What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

(CHORUS 2)
What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame?
And a God who gave life it's name?
What do I know of Holy?
Of the One who the angels praise?
All creation knows Your name
On earth and heaven above
What do I know of this love?

(CHORUS)
What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of Holy?

You guys have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Mark said...

I saw snippets of this, but I'm definitely going to have to watch the whole thing.

Morgan said...

that is an amazing song...

Melly Rose said...

I like the lyrics.

Emily said...

I love Addison Road....