CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Thoughts

Well, I've been kind of slow in getting into the Christmas spirit, but I am happy to say I'm there now.
I have always heard that Christmas is the time for giving rather than receiving, but I have to admit the past several years I've been more concerned with receiving. However, this year, for some odd reason, I really liked shopping for my family. I'm actually more excited about blessing them than I am about getting things. I hope they like what I got them.
But more than things, I'm more aware and focused on why we even celebrate Christmas. Jesus' birth leading to the rest of His life gives us the best present ever - salvation and a personal relationship with God. No matter how much we want to bless others, God still continues to be the Greatest Gift-Giver of all. And His gift is not only available on Christmas, but also for the rest of the year! It's actually Christmas everyday!
So there are my thoughts on Christmas...what are yours?
And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

*Mel
Luke 2:10-11 - But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."

1 comments:

Emily said...

Christmas is an amazing time of year. I love it. I'm finally getting into the Christmas spirit too :)

I am saddened by our culture's materialization and the 'me, me, me' mentality. That's not to be self righteous and say that I never get excited about getting gifts. I too am so excited to see what my family things when they open the gifts I bought them.

But yeah, Christmas is a wonderful time of the year.