CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's a New Year!

Hey everyone!!

I can't believe that it's 2009! That's just crazy! haha, well, anyways, I wanted to give everyone a challenge for this year. Normally, every year people make 'new year resolutions', and, a lot of times, those goals are never reached.

Well, I thought it would be neat and probably very beneficial if everyone posted at least 1 resolution that they have for this year and we all could hold each other accountable for them. With prayer, support and accountability of our friends, I think that we can make all of our goals much more attainable. So what do you think?

I'll start. I want to be wiser with my time.....I want to read more, particularly theological books and my Bible, I want to get more organized and I want to get more on the ball with school. I think my laziness greatly contributes to these areas..... Lastly, I want to, of course, grow in my walk with the Lord and be challenged this year.

Anyone else?
Emily

7 comments:

Mark said...

Awesome idea Emily, this will be a great way to keep everyone accountable about their resolutions. We could even do a weekly post to see how everyone is doing.

Anyway, here are mine-

-Firstly, I will read my Bible every single day. It is unfortunately fairly easy for me to forget to read it, especially during the holiday season when I'm really busy.
-Secondly, I want to invest more in my friends.
-Lastly, I want to continue to grow in my faith in the Lord.

Emily said...

exactly.

Good Mark, very good. I will start praying for you on these and try to hold you accountable :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Emily! Thanks for taking the initiative to motivate us.

Mine would be to be a wise and efficient user of God's time - I struggle with laziness, too and yes, it definitely contributes.

What day are we going to make the resolution update/accountability day?
~mee

Emily said...

Great! I'll be praying for you too, Mee.

Well, I think it should either be every Monday or every Friday. What does everyone else think?

Mark said...

I was thinking every Friday would be good, because it's the end of the week, so it is more of a summary, if you know what I mean.

So yeah starting next Friday, I will (unless Emily or someone else wants to) do an accountability post.

~Mark

Melly Rose said...

Great idea, friends!
Well, I don't like to do 'new year's resolutions' because I could never keep them, but now I have you all to encourage me!
So...
1. I would like to grow in my walk with God by reading books that deepen my spiritual life. (Currently, I am starting on Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem)
2. I would like to be wiser with my time since I would like to get a job, do school, and prepare for college.
3. I would also like to grow in having more biblical fellowship with my friends.

*Mel

p.s. I won't be able to make it on the computer everyday, so I'll just comment on the accountable days when I get on.

Emily said...

Ok, then. Every Friday, either Mark or I will make an accountability post :)

Great Melly! Yes, I hope I can help you and encourage you with these!