CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Prayer Request(s) and Update(s)

Hey guys, I have three prayer requests and two prayer updates.

Prayer Request 1: Tina Minnesale and her daughter
Tina is a lady I work with, she's the hiring manager and such a sweet lady. Recently she revealed to us that her daughter (I think her name is Lisa) is dying of Lou Gehrig's disease. Lou Gehrig's disease is a disorder that's also called amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS.

Lou Gehrig's disease damages motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord. Motor neurons are nerve cells that control muscle movement. Upper motor neurons send messages from the brain to the spinal cord, and lower motor neurons send messages from the spinal cord to the muscles. Motor neurons are an important part of the body's neuromuscular system. The neuromuscular system enables our bodies to move and is made up of the brain, many nerves, and muscles. Things that we do every day — like breathing, walking, running, lifting stuff, and even reaching for a glass of water — are all controlled by the neuromuscular system.

Anyway, the Minnesale family desperately needs your prayers as they go through the last few weeks and days with their daughter. They also have a lot of medical bills to pay. So if you could just pray for God's grace, peace, comfort and provision through this time.

Prayer Request 2: Krystal Proctor
Krystal is another girl I work with, she's trying to get back in to school at UNCC and she's encountering several obstacles. So if you could pray that everything would be worked out and she would be accepted in, I know she'd be most grateful!

Prayer Request 3: Memommy
My sister's grandma(and my "adopted" grandma), Memommy, died in her sleep Sunday night. So if you could pray for comfort for her family and friends. The funeral is tomorrow at 1...so especially around that time.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Now for the updates

Update 1: James Worthey
Remember when I asked for prayer for Mr. James who had to make a decision regarding his job situations. Well, he feels that God is calling him back full-time at Chick-fil-A. Thanks for praying! He asked me to thank you guys, he said he really felt your prayers!

Update 2: Findlay
Findlay has completely recovered! He stopped by last night to say hi and I was able to chat with him for a little bit. He sounds like he's doing good! I haven't had time to talk to him about God again but hopefully that will come soon. All in God's timing!

Thank you guys sooooooooo much! I'm so grateful to have you guys as friends and I know you guys are so willing to pray. Thanks...Love you guys!

5 comments:

Morgan said...

praying!!

Emily said...

How terribly hard that has to be for your co-worker. I can't imagine the sadness, pain and how difficult that has got to be for her to watch her daughter die. I am most definitly praying for her. My heart goes out to her :(

I'll pray for your other co-worker too.

I'm sooo sorry about your Memommy. I know it has to be very hard for you and her family. I'm praying for peace and comfort through this hard, sad time.

Cool! Praise God for those reports! I'll continue to pray for Findlay, that you'll be able to share the gospel with him.

hannah said...

I'm ALWAYS looking for people to pray for

Mark said...

I'll be praying.

Also, great news on Findlay and Mr. James!

Melly Rose said...

Wow! Yes, I'll be praying. I'm so happy things worked out well for Mr. James and Findlay.