CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hi everyone!

So...how has your week gone?

I want to encourage all of you to post on here sometime! We have over 20 members, but very few every comment or post. You don't have to post something profound or long; but even if you have a verse to share or something like that....then I would encourage you to post it!

Back to the resolutions....My week has been kind of average I guess. But 'average' is not enough compared to God. I have done the worst in my time management. I feel like it's a constant battle for me. I'm not to terribly discouraged as much as I'm upset at myself for not being more disciplined in my life. *sigh* Well, just keep praying for me :) I'm praying for all of you!

On another note, I have a prayer request. Some of you may read the Rebelution blog.....well, if you do, then you probably have read about this. But, there is a boy named Tyler Farver who is a rebelutionary in Texas, I believe. He has helped Alex and Brett with the past 2 year's conferences. Anyhow, about a month ago, he got in a very bad ATV accident and he was in very serious condition. He's slowly getting better, but is still going through quite a lot. Everytime he improves, something else in his body starts acting up.

So, this said, it would be awesome if everyone could be praying for him. You can also send him a letter or card if you want! I know he needs the prayer and would also be so blessed to recieve a letter to let him know people are praying for him! Here is the link to the blog post on the Rebelution about him: http://www.therebelution.com/blog/2009/02/urgent-pray-for-tyler-farver/ It contains his address, as well as a lot more details about him.

I don't know this boy personally, but God has really placed him on my heart to pray for him. And I thought the more prayers the better :-)

Alright that's all! Have a great rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, thanks for being faithful to post every week - I'm always encouraged by your posts.

The struggle for better time management is a 24/7 battle for me as well. I'm seeing slow improvement, though, so I am encouraged about that.

I know exactly what you mean about getting mad at yourself for not doing better - poor self, it can be the recipient of many serious talking-tos. =) That's when I can get very discouraged and have to remind myself that 'in my weakness God is strong.' and that we can do nothing apart from Christ's strength. We need to daily put our faith in God to see us through and hand over the credit of any success we may have that day to God and him ALONE.

~mee

Mark said...

A little late, but...

1. Here's the thing. I've been reading my bible every day. The problem is, I'm just READING it. I really want to work on absorbing and learning more from the Bible, instead of just looking at lines. So prayer on that would be fantastic.
2. I couldn't be surviving my weeks if not for God and his grace. A couple times I have thought I should make my schedule a little lighter by removing some "items", but then something really great will happen and I will think, "well maybe I can handle this after all." But not without God's help. So anyway this whole area of growing in my walk with the Lord has been going well.
3. I really can't wait for the summer, when I'll really be able to invest in friends more, because now during the school year its so difficult. But I still need to try as hard as I can...

~Mark

Emily Joy said...

Thanks Mee! I'm glad you're encouraged! Great reminder :)

Mark, I know how that can be. I have been the same way in the past. I'm the type of person who has to work really hard to pay attention if I'm not particularly interested in what I'm reading about. When I read my Bible, I like to read about something that applies to what is going on in life at the time or something I've been thinking about; rather than just reading something random or following a reading guide.
2. Yes, God always manages to break us down and remind us that we aren't strong enough to handle life on our own. I'm freshly reminded of that almost daily.

Stay strong guys!
Emily