CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hi my friends!

First off, thanks Mark for making that last post. It was super awesome and I have felt the exact same way. But I know that you already know this =)

How has everyone's week gone? What have been your struggles? What have you been encouraged in?

For myself, this week has not been perfect, but God really ignited in me a huge passion for Him this week. And that is such an incredible feeling. I have read my Bible everyday, sometimes for hours at a time, and that also is really encouraging too. Time management wise, I've been pretty good, but not great. I definitely know my weaknesses and I know how to over come them. I just have to apply that. And since I'm lazy and sinful, that can be difficult to apply and overcome.

So, yes...I think that's it. Love you all and praying for you!

4 comments:

Mark said...

I've gotta run now, but later on in the day I will post.

Cara said...

I've always thought that I've been relatively good at time management-probably because of my mom's good training-but I've noticed that I haven't been using my free time well lately. I need to get back "into the groove."
I rejoice for you, Emily, but hearing you talk about reading the Bible for hours adds to the struggle in my heart (perhaps you all could help me?). I love to read about the heroes of the faith and the hours they spent in the Word and prayer every day, and I would love to be there, but honestly I'm not. I just don't have enough time to do that, at least given my current available time-maybe I do need work on time management :-) and get good sleep. But then I ask, "am I sacrificing time with God for sleep?" and...

Cara said...

And Emily, try not to be too critical of yourself. The Bible says we are all sinners, which makes you one also, but it also says "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it." God is working in you, and it is evident - do not lose sight of that! And know that this is true for the rest of you who are reading this: even though for some I cannot speak from personal experience, God's Word is truth, and He says He will work.

Emily Joy said...

I know how to manage time....but sometimes I just don't, haha =P

Oh, Cara....I am so far from an good example for others...but, yes, God is good and has greatly encouraged me to spend a lot more time with Him in reading and praying. I have been so blessed by it.

I will say that I normally am a night owl. I just can't go to sleep early. So a lot of times I will read my Bible then for a while and I try to pray until I fall asleep. This could be 10 minutes, or much longer =) But another thing I do is I randomly pray through out the day. This helps keep my mind on Christ. But it also helps me to be sure to pray for every thing and every person I need to.

I have struggled at times with just being too tired to stay up and read and pray. And it still at times can be a struggle. But, strangely enough, if I force myself to stay up and read my Bible, I normally get a much better night's sleep and feel more rested in the morning.

And thanks Cara, that's an encouraging reminder =) Maybe a good reminder for yourself too?