CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Obviously a Christian....

Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I posted. I recently had a surge of emotions and thoughts in regards to Christianity and my personal faith. After expressing these thoughts and emotions, someone encouraged me to post all of them on here for you guys to read and think about. So without any more preamble, here goes. (and please remember, this is all in regards to my own personal faith, I don't assume to tell you about your faith)


I'm tired of being a by-the-books Christian. I'm tired of being stereotypical. I don't want to read my Bible every day out of a sense of guilt. I don't want to pray because I'm supposed to, or because it will do me good, or because that's what Christians do. I don't want to try to hide my faith in front of people who might think I'm not cool because I'm a Christian.

I want to live every day in the knowledge that I am a horrible blight upon the universe, and God sent his only son, a PERFECT son, to die for me! I want to be completely overwhelmed by the grace and mercy of God, and I want joy to overflow out of me and infect all the people around me! I want to be a contagious Christian! I don't want to tell someone, "Hey I'm a Christian" and have them be surprised or think, "Really? He doesn't act like it..." I want to spend 5 minutes with a complete stranger and have it be completely obvious to them at the end of the 5 minutes that I am a Christian!

Without God I am nothing! There is NOTHING at all in me that can save me from Hell! I don't want to just call myself a Christian, I want to live it! I want it to be obvious to the world that I have put all my faith in Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior! I want to be crazy about Christianity!

I pray Lord that you would fill me with an overflowing joy and happiness! I pray that other people will see me and be motivated to put their faith in You! Every day I want to wake up and praise your name every minute for the rest of the day! Hallelujah!

It's time to stop blending in.
It's time to start standing out.

8 comments:

Emily Joy said...

=) Amen Mark! Yes yes yes yes YES! Praise be to God. Very, very good. I'm so glad you posted this =]

Chelsey said...

Great thoughts Mark...I am in complete agreement! Praise God!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! Words right outa my heart.
~mee

Cara said...

Yes! I think this should be the heart's cry of every Christian - the only deeper one being "Lord, I want to know you!" Though we must be careful not to "throw out the baby with the bathwater" and decide not to do Bible studies, for instance, because some will out of duty (I know this isn't what you meant, Mark, but I figured it was worth saying).

My challenge is to stand out more for who Jesus is in me than for my lifestyle choices, which are different even than most of yours, and I don't think any of ours are sterotypical for teens :-). I need to be sure that I know which choices are non-negotiable, and which are just choices...that could be stumbling blocks to others. My parents have been exhorting me about this some lately. Always let me know if there is anything you think I should change, especially if it might hinder my witness.

Back to what you said, though, Mark, Amen and Amen! ~And sorry for such a long comment!

Emily Joy said...

"I need to be sure that I know which choices are non-negotiable, and which are just choices...that could be stumbling blocks to others."

Very good point Cara!

Mark said...

As a follow up to my post-

I believe that it is not possible to have the type of attitude I talked about without reading your Bible or theology books, etc.

Those resources serve as your foundation, and keep you on the right track.

Emily Joy said...

I completely agree!

Melly Rose said...

Awesome thoughts, Mark.
You are totally right on with the "standing out" part. It's so easy for me to do things the way the world does so that I won't appear "foolish" or not "with it".
My witness starts with my heart, so once that is in line with Scripture, I will definitely show the mark of a true Christian.
I hope that despite my struggles and shortcomings, God will still continue to do His work in me and make it obvious to the world He is real!