CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

So, friends, how was your week? I realize that more than half of the Local Rebelutionary posters are either about to graduate or already have. Let me encourage you in something. Earlier this year, Chelsey was saying how she doesn't post a lot because she wants to see the high schoolers posting and would like to see the seniors hand it down to the younger teens. Well, here's what I wanted to say about that.....

This whole 'Rebelution' doesn't stop when you graduate. I think it's a life long mindset, but also, even if it was just for teens, we all are still teens. And some of our elders will still have low expectations for us. All I'm saying is that, I think it's just as much for college students as it is for high schoolers and if all you graduates leave the blog, not many people will be left. Please don't not post because you don't think this is for you anymore.

I'm not trying to say college life isn't different. I know it is. I know a lot of you all are entering into a different stage of life. But, maybe instead of 'laying low' you could take this as an opportunity to be an example to younger teens and take on a leadership role here. In encourging and possibly even sharing your wisdom with us, as older more experienced teens :-)

Anyhow, all that said, how's everyone doing? I feel like this is a busy time for most, with finals and trying to finish up school. Then graduations and work. And of course life in general. I'm going to be praying for everyone in this regard this week. But, is there any specific ways I can be praying for you all? Also, how's everyone doing with their resolutions?

Love you all!
Emily

1 comments:

Melly Rose said...

Excellent post, Emily! So true. Doing hard things still applies to college students - actually it applies to everyone who is trying to live his life for God. Being a Christian takes hard and continual work.
Thank you for your weekly accountability. Bible reading has been kind of dry - probably because my mind has been so occupied with other things that it's hard for me to concentrate on what I'm reading. But I need to focus on God some more. Please pray for me in this area.